Friday, September 1, 2017

The Ordinary Life

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



The essence of happy living is never to find life dull,
 never to feel the ugly weariness which comes of overstrain; 
to be fresh, cheerful, leisurely, sociable, unhurried, well-balanced. 
It seems to me impossible to be these things unless 
we have time to consider life a little, to deliberate, to select, to abstain.
--Arthur C. Benson.


Some people may look at my life and consider it boring. An ordinary life, nothing special. There is no "turning it up" nights of getting wasted or partying the night away. I love staying in more than dancing the night away. Although, I do like to dance. Just check out all the family videos.

Routines change as our life changes. I've always wanted to blend in with the wallpaper, yet everything I'm involved in requires the opposite. I say I want to be left alone in peace and quiet, but I raise my hand as soon as a volunteer is needed. What's up with that?

I don't consider my life to be ordinary at all. I have a purpose to my existence that has been lacking in my younger days. It's no longer all about me, but all about Him. When one finds Spirituality in their life, the focus changes from oneself to actually the world around us. How can I help my friends? My community? The World itself? What is my footprint or grain of sand look like on this Earth?

We ask ourselves these questions, because we finally realize the importance of why we are here. We have an innate desire to be with other people. We want to help. We want to belong. We want to serve. One can deny all of the above, but it's futile. The time will come where we want to leave behind our selfish lives and search for fulfillment. It could be earlier on, later in life or at the end of our life, but we consider what our purpose should be. 

I'm so grateful to have found my purpose over ten years ago. I would have really been upset to have been at the end of my life realizing the importance of it. No one wants to waste their spiritual gifts and I'm truly thankful for this ordinary life.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...