Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sustainable Living

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Light human nature is too lightly lost
And ruffled without cause, 
complaining on,
Restless with rest, 
until being overthrown,
It learneth to lie quiet.

I deeply admire people who live a sustainable lifestyle. These are the homesteaders, the Tiny House Dwellers and off grid living families. My family background comes from farming back in Poland. Maybe that's why it's my passion? It's in my blood? The love of it flows freely in my veins?

It seems that nowadays no matter where I go, everyone wants to inquire about my Tiny House situation. The problem is twofold: One, I have truly no idea in what direction I will go. Two, sometimes I feel people are amused and not taking me seriously on the subject. 

In all honesty, if I had all the resources available to me, I would go completely in a different direction altogether. I would purchase land with a small cabin. No more than two rooms or so. I don't need much. I could have my own garden and wood burning stove. There would be a water catchment system and solar panels. I could be off grid. 

Unfortunately, I don't have these resources. Even worse, I feel that people are secretly finding me amusing on this subject. They regard me as a dreamer, unrealistic and naive. I've never been a risk taker so of course, they may find it difficult to believe. On the other hand, they may be right. Maybe I have no idea what I'm getting into. All I know is that I'm tired of being afraid. 

I know of so many people who have given their notice at work, sold their belongings and uprooted their families to another state without a blink of fear. One even went to Puerto Rico! There were no jobs waiting for them. There were no safety nets. All they had were FAITH. They knew in their hearts, it was the right thing to do. I admire these people so much. 

I want to be that bold person. I want to live that lifestyle. I want this to happen. It may not happen in this life here on Earth, but I see myself being sustainable in every way concerning my gifts to serve the Lord in Heaven. Material things mean nothing to me. Right now, I'm making preemie baby hats that will be shipped all the way to Africa. How awesome is that? That means more to me than owning a designer handbag. I don't know how or when I will achieve my dream, but I do know it will happen one way or another. Trust in the Lord I will, for He will direct me so.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...