Monday, September 25, 2017

Coming Up

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




This above all to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou can'st not then be false to any man.

I love looking into the future whenever we have new things coming up. I get all excited at all the new projects in the anticipation of how they will turn out. I'm not exactly sure what excites me more, the projects or the idea of something new?

Before being diagnosed, I used to plan everything. I looked toward my future with excitement as aging did not scare me as it has most people. I thought of my retiring years as something to look forward to. I mean, the children would be grown, financially we would be sound and we would have freedom to do whatever I wanted. Who wouldn't be happy about that?

All of that changed when I found out I had cancer. I began living for the moment. As one year turned into two, then five and now ten, I found myself thinking from Season to Season. I enjoy all the Seasons and the change they bring. We need them.

So for the next couple of months, we plan on finishing up old projects. It seems that has been the theme for the year. We also take this time to stock up and prepare for the Winter months. We fill up our medicine cabinet, stock up the pantry and wash all the blankets in preparation of the cold Winter ahead. 

I am looking forward, as I do every year, to the burrowing inside. This is the time where I do the most crocheting for my Ministry as well as the writing on my blog. Outside activities are limited, as is the sunshine in the sky. As people look to this time for the pumpkin spice flavoring in everything, I look to the quiet and stillness that it brings. Bring on the books I've wanted to read. Bring on the movies I've still to see. Bring on my sanctuary. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...