Sunday, April 9, 2017

Rain, Rain

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                 everyday is a journey.


As the bird trims her to the gale
I trim myself to the storm of time;
I man the rudder, reef the sail,
Obey the voice at eve obeyed at prime;
Lowly faithful, banish fear,
The port well worth the cruise is near
And every wave is charmed.


It has been raining the entire week! What's even more interesting is that I'm loving it! I think for the first time in a long time, we are having a real Spring. The temperatures are exactly what they should be and rain is a daily forecast. 

As a child, I have so many fond memories of rainy days. I would love to run around in the rain on a hot Summer day. Usually, the storms would be quick, but hard. Clouds would darken instantly and rain would swoop down in a fury of angry drops. When it was all over, everything looked so fresh and new like a thirsty person enjoying that cold drink of water. Suddenly flowers that drooped in the sun would rise to attention. The grass would look a vivid shade of green. Yes, I loved a good downpour!

I'm not the only one looking forward to Summer. In the Summer months, my Ministry ladies meet at the woods or various parks around the city. It was something we started two years ago and they really enjoy. We have a perfect spot at every location. A spot under a tree just for us.

It's funny how we look forward to silly things that really don't cost much of anything. Take me for an example, I cannot wait to get home from work today so I can continue watching my Netflix program. I don't care if it rains or snows or hails. All I want is that special moment of relaxation, no matter how short it may be. I want to have supper with my loved ones, sitting at a table sharing the events of our day. Something so small, but oh so relaxing!

I hope you can see the rainbow in your rainy day. Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...