Sunday, April 23, 2017

Food



                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.



Let us stand by our duty fearlessly and effectively. 
I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.
 I am not bound to succeed, 
but I am bound to live up to the light that I have.
--Abraham Lincoln.

It seems that I no longer can eat whatever I want. After two stomach bugs this Winter, plus an occasional irritable attack on my bowels from the radiation, I had no choice but to accept this realization. I can no longer eat whatever I want.

I love food. I enjoy food. I love to try different cuisines from all over the world. For someone like me, this isn't good news. The thought of giving up foods I love is depressing to me, but they do not love me in return. 

Besides, even though I have lost weight with the radiation treatment, I have rather indulged myself since Christmas. In the end, I have gained some of it back. No surprise here. My weight struggle has plagued me now for ten years. I don't think I'll ever be the size I used to be. 


Homemade popcorn, no butter, but seasoned with herbs and shaved mozzarella. 

A simple supper of mashed potatoes, sliced avocado with sauteed green beans/tomatoes.


Quinoa and rice salad with veggies. 


Pasta vegetable salad with avocado. 

Romaine salad with strawberries, avocado and tomato. 

                                                      Sauteed leeks served over white rice. 

Having said all that, I'm okay with that to a point. I don't need to be that small, but I would like to lose some weight around my tummy. I would feel better in clothes and in my mental health. As you can see, I've gone back to my healthier lifestyle. I still have binge days, but I'm back on track on a daily basis. What is my weakness? Chips. I'm a chipaholic! Bring a bag home and it will be gone in one sitting. What is your weakness and how often do you indulge in it?

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...