Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Spring Cleaning

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                          everyday is a journey.



Lo, Spring comes forth with all her warmth and love,
She brings sweet justice from the realms above;
She breaks the chrysalis, she resurrects the dead;
Two butterflies ascend encircling her head.
And so this emblem shall forever be
A sign of immortality.

As much as I'm disappointed in the Winter we had here, I have to admit I'm glad we are done with it. Spring is here and I can finally clean up our hallways. The hallways here are ugly and in need of a good vacuum/scrubbing. Every time I walk inside, my nose wrinkles in disgust. This building is not well cared for. 

Besides the cleaning out of the dirty spaces, Spring also represents rebirth. The old, cold days of Winter are over welcoming a fresh new sprigs of life. We burst open our windows, allowing the sunshine through as we listen to the songs of the birds.

I love Spring! I just want to roll up my sleeves and throw open the windows, filling the rooms with clean fresh air! I love to see the curtains billowing in the breeze. Every morning I wake up to the sound of birds singing. How could you not love Spring?

Along with the cleaning, I also end up changing things a bit around the place. Move the kitchen table a little over here. Get a new rug for the bedroom. Maybe a new curtain for the kitchen. Change is not always bad. It can be a breath of fresh air in a stale room. 

So roll up your sleeves, dunk that mop and clear out those cobwebs! Out with the old and roll in the new! Spring is here! Spring is here.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...