Friday, March 31, 2017

The Consequence

                                                                             Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                               everyday is a journey.


When I go down to the grave I can say, 
like so many others,
 I have finished my work;
 but I cannot say I have finished my life;
 my day's work will begin again the next morning. 
My tomb is not a blind alley; 
it is a thoroughfare.
 It closes in the twilight to open in the dawn.
--Victor Hugo.

A few days ago, I've learned about consequences, a cause and effect for all we do. In my hurry, hurry kind of way, I came home at night from work and parked in a handicap space. In my own defense, it was dark and honestly, I paid no attention to my surroundings. I just wanted to get inside. I really didn't see it. 

Now, we live in an area that at one time were condos, so we pay a yearly fee for our parking space. It's an extremely tiny fee well worth that spot. If  you ever lived in the City, you know how difficult it can be to find parking. It's even more difficult if you work second shift and are the last to arrive in the middle of the night. All the spots are usually taken. 

When we moved here, I was very happy to find an abundance of private parking. Let's not forget that the entire complex is surrounded in fencing, trees and set deep off into the side. Behind our complex lies the interstate. It's very peaceful here. 

Well, I really went off the subject here. The other night when I parked my car in front of that handicap sign, they were conducting a routine check on all the vehicles to make sure everyone that was parked there had a valid sticker. I even waved to them as I ran into the building. I mean, I had my sticker, didn't I? I didn't have anything to worry about, right?

Yeah, until I woke up in the morning and looked out the window. Gee, I don't see my car. Oh my goodness, where did those two handicap signs come from? They weren't there last night. Were they? 

 Well, I did get my car back. I got my car back minus a few dollars and I learned a valuable lesson. I need to pay attention! No more just trying to run, run and run quickly into the house. There are consequences for all we do. There is no way around them. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...