Friday, March 24, 2017

The Tiny In Me

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey.

Yes, I have had, dear Lord, the day.

There are times that I'm concerned that I'm way too excited about this Tiny Living. I'm placing all my eggs in one basket. What if it doesn't turn out that way? What if God's plan is different from mine? The last thing I want to be doing is sitting in that place sulking. And miserable. 

I've seen it happen way too often. I don't want to be one of those people who are unhappy in their retirement, wishing themselves somewhere else. Wishing their lives to be different. Just plain wishing.

On the other hand, does it really matter where I'm at? As long as I'm still writing and involved in my Ministry, I'd be happy. I've always seen my retiring years as doing things I've always wanted. All the things that I couldn't do while working, like participating in events during the week within my community. 

Recently, I've watched a program on British television, of a couple searching for a home in the country. This was the British version of our House Hunters. They were both approaching their retirement and looking to move into the Country into their dream home. Sounds like me, but the single version. This man had so many different hobbies and projects that he was involved in that it was difficult to find him that perfect property. In the end, they built their own. 

What stuck with me was his enjoyment and involvement in all of these projects. This was the future me. I connected with him completely. He was happy, occupied and active. I do have to admit that the only project he did end up finishing was the house. Again, I connected with him. 

I guess, we can never be too prepared for our future. I'm not just speaking of financially. There is our health to consider and the things that compile our livelihood. I'm glad I saw that program. It reminded me of what is important to me in my retirement and what isn't. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...