Friday, March 3, 2017

Heartfelt Blessing

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey. 



The little worries which we meet each day
  May lie as stumbling-blocks across our way,
  Or we may make them stepping-stones to be
    Of grace, O Lord, to Thee.
A. E. HAMILITON.

It may seem crazy to all of you, but I truly was happy the other day when I saw snow falling. I longed for it and I have missed it. For a minute there, I didn't think we would have anymore snow this Season. I think my age is really showing. I am becoming extremely sentimental. I miss a snowy Winter.

Of course, the snow didn't last at all. It came down in a frantic frenzy and quit just as suddenly. I have been really disappointed in this Winter. One day it's 60 degrees and the next drops to 30 again. One doesn't have any idea on how to dress anymore. All this up and down in the temperatures has caused many sicknesses, two of which were mine. 

Being sick is really all my fault. I didn't have a flu shot this year and boy, have I learned my lesson! I won't be making a mistake again in regards to that! All of this thinking brought to to mind a discussion I've seen on Facebook back in December. 

You see, someone brought up an old wives tale that her grandmother always lived by. It had to do with snowfall for the Winter. Whatever date the snow fell on and it was a tracking snow, that was how many snow storms we would have in the Season. This year by us, the first tracking snow happened on December 4th. and many people were not accepting this old wives tale at all. Only 4 snow storms? No way! This is Winter we're talking about. 

Well, looking back now, I can't help thinking how right this grandmother's wives tale truly has been. This is not Winter. Nor a Fall. It's been more like Spring than anything else. We discounted this woman's story, because it came from old. It came from the past and we are so much better than the past, right? 

We forget how much the elderly have to offer to this young generation. We discredit their experience, their knowledge as bull. They don't know what they're talking about. Well, I can assure you I will check next Winter when that snow actually fell so I can plan my Season. This woman's grandmother? What a blessing!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...