Monday, March 20, 2017

Thursday Ten

                                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


The comfort of a mind at rest
  From every care Thou hast not blest;
  A heart from all the world set free,
  To worship and to wait on Thee.
A. L. WARING.

No matter how bad my week, month or year may be going, I'm always full of hope. One has to be, because if hope is gone, there is nothing except emptiness. Hope is the one thing that motivates our being into moving forward. 

This week has been a tough one and I easily could have turned it into a woe is me kind of time. Satan is never too busy to lie to you or to me. He has been certainly very busy with me these past few days. So today I wanted to focus on and write down ten things I'm very grateful for to remember how blessed I am every single day.

1. My provision.
I have everything I need. Everything. I shall not want. God has provided for me. I have food, water and shelter. What else do I need?

2. My car.
Probably for the first time in my life, I feel secure in the car that I own. I've never had a vehicle in such great condition. I have made a vow to myself to keep the maintenance up on this car for that very reason. I'm loving our little Herschel. 

3. Our jobs. 
I say our jobs, because I mean Emily's as well as mine. Only God would have made it possible where we work across the street from each other within the same time schedule. You will never convince me that He does not exist. 

4. Our apartment.
I know that all of you are probably so tired of me exclaiming how much I love our place. It certainly isn't the decor, but definitely the ambiance. 

5. My Ministry.
I don't think I could ever find the words to express the absolute Joy I receive from my Crocheting Ministry. For many years, I've served in a Church Ministry teaching Sunday School. Those were wonderful times that I will always cherish, but I've found a deeper love of serving my community. 

6. My computer. 
This may sound crazy to you, but having a computer has opened up a huge world to me. I've met so many wonderful fellow women out there in social media that have come to mean so much to me. I often write about the dark side of social media, but if we use it for good, there are so many benefits. We can communicate instantly with our loved ones, meet interesting people that we can help or they help us. 

7. My cancer.
You must think I'm absolutely nuts, but my life changed for the better since my diagnosis. I'm living my life out now and that's something I didn't do back then. I went through the motions, but I missed my purpose. Yes, my life is better since the cancer. 

8. Ah, the children. 
I shake my head every time I think of my youth. You see, I didn't dream of marriage and children like all my friends. I wanted a career, but God had other plans for me. He gave me children and now grandchildren. I'm so glad. God's plan is always better. I'm still amazed that they want to hang out with this old lady.

9. Jesus.
Without His Mercy, Grace, Love and His Death on the Cross, I wouldn't be here. I cannot imagine my life without Him in it. It's that simple. #Dropmic.

10. This blog. 
Who knew six years ago, that I would still be here writing out my thoughts on this journey of mine. This blog has been with me during some of the most darkest and loneliest times of my cancer. When I needed an ear, you were there. When I needed prayer, you prayed. I wrote for my own sanity never expecting anyone to be interested in my struggles. Every time I post a story, I'm amazed at the following. Thank you for being there along for the ride. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...