Thursday, March 16, 2017

It Happens So Quickly

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Come, children, let us go!
We travel hand in hand;
Each in his brother finds his joy
In this wild stranger land.
The strong be quick to raise
The weaker when they fall;
Let love and peace and patience bloom
In ready help for all.
G. TERSTEEGEN.



I don't know how I get myself into these things. It always happens so quickly before I truly have time to comprehend the consequence of my volunteering. I have a nasty habit of raising my hand whenever someone is looking for help. It could be anything like Sunday School, driving someone, babysitting, setting up or bringing a dish. My hand immediately goes up.

I don't really understand why I do this, especially when I'm way over scheduled. Usually, I somehow manage to get it done, mostly by staying up majority of the night. This time, I think I truly have bitten off more than I can chew. 

I've written about these past due projects that I'm trying to catch up on and finish. It's a slow process and I mean slow. I have this one huge one that I'm struggling with, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm nearly there. 

My problem here is that I feel I may actually have a problem. Why do I immediately jump in, volunteering my time even if I don't have any to spare? Take last night, a fellow co-worker shows me a sweater in a catalog, asking me if I could make this for her. Now, I have never made a sweater in my life and here I am contemplating that maybe I could try. 

Now, if that isn't horribly sick, then I don't know. First of all, when did I think I could make it or how was I to fit this sweater into my schedule? What is wrong with me? Is there a void inside of me that needs to be filled? Do I need to feel needed? What is my problem?

I do have to admit that I want to do these things. None of this is against my own wishes. I just wish I was able to do all of them and there were no time constraints. This is how I view my retiring years, serving others. You see, I want to spend my time volunteering and being there for others. This is my idyllic life. This is how I want to spend my retirement. I just need to remember that I'm not there yet.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...