Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The End Of Civility

                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    everyday is a journey.




I love diversity. The food. The culture.The ethnicity. I've never really been around people who are just like me in their opinions, in their faith, in their lifestyle. Whereas that never bothered me before, it does now. So what happened? Social media happened.

People can quickly share their opinions with others with just a click of a keyboard. The best part? You don't have to do it face to face. It's much easier to hurt someone when you don't have to stare at them right in the eye. 

There are times I want to disappear from social media altogether, especially whenever a hot political topic hits the waves. I am tired of people telling me how to think, what to think and how should I act. I can see evidence in how the world has definitely shifted towards the End Times.  

I have gotten better at handling my reactionary comments by avoiding these hot topics and becoming involved in these heavy debates. Although, I do forget all of the above and heavily debate or defend my beliefs. It never ends well. 

Last night at work, everyone was discussing this show and that show, or simply just the news. To be honest, I turned off the television long time ago, especially the news and talk shows. Journalism has turned to trash, the only thing that seems to matter is sensationalism. I'm tired of it and I definitely don't have to bear it. The television stays off.

I'm getting old. I can tell just by how I feel about the world. I've become my grandmother in that respect, because I'm not liking what is happening around me. The world keeps changing and not for the better, but it's all to be expected. It has been written down eons ago in the Bible.

I've been thinking about the thorn in our sides that we all have. I believe my thorn is the secular world. It has become harder and harder for me to live within it. The world will always be the world, but I am changing inside constantly and I am not the world.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...