Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Table

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

Before I joined the company I work for, I worked at the corporate headquarters of a well-known franchise. I have two very distinctive memories that spring to mind whenever I think of them. 

The first was the aroma of freshly ground, freshly brewed coffee whenever one stepped into their cafeteria. That delicious, rich smell I have never been able to find outside of the corporate building, not even in one of their stores. 

The second involved the CEO's desk. His desk was immaculate, with absolutely no clutter of any kind. Whenever one would pass by his office, he would have one sheet or folder on his desk. He believed that one could only work on one thing at a time. It's easy to guess that he didn't care for clutter.

I am nowhere near his style of working. If anything, I'm the total polar opposite. I have piles upon piles of stuff on my desk that threaten to spill over onto the floor. To be honest, I like it like that. Everything can be easily accessible by merely reaching for it. 

I have often dreamed of switching from a desk to a table where I can easily lay out all my things. Of course, I would use organizers to neatly display on my desk. Even now as I write I know it is a lie. It would be even messier than now. Who am I kidding?

I often wondered why or how I could be so disorganized and messy with my own room, but yet, every other part of my life had to be perfect. Was this my one escape where no one else was allowed? Or perhaps no one could see the mess I am in or created? I wonder if we all have a place like that where our polar opposite exists. A place to hide and be anyway we wanted to be. . . . mess and all. Naked to no one, only to God. 

Here I am, Lord, a horribly disorganized and messy soul all vulnerable in front of you. And yet, He still loves me. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...