Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Best Days

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

It's funny how much we change as we get older. I can remember a time when I was young, energetic and full of spunk. I could stay up all night, lay down for a two hour nap and run off to work like it was nothing. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I stay up past eleven at night. 
When the weekend rolled near, plans were made that involved actually leaving the house. Always on the look out for some fun thing to do.

I feel like I've done a complete 360 degree. None of the above interests me at all. Now, my best days involve doing absolutely nothing. I guess, that's the first real signs of being old.

This morning as I prepared for Church, I happily realized there was no place in particular I had to be at after the service. No errand to run. No social gathering of any kind. I could joyfully skip home, get into my comfy, mismatched outfit and do whatever I wanted. 

Doing whatever I want doesn't necessarily mean bumming around the house watching television. There is nothing wrong with that, but I actually love anything to do with my Ministry work or writing. I love all the behind the scenes stuff that no one sees or even knows about. I could sit here and write for hours on end, lost in my own little world. The same goes for looking up different charities, shopping for yarn, washing and packaging all finished items. I love what I do.

That's my best kind of days. Sunday is my best kind of day. We wake early and go to Church. We sing our hearts out and get our Jesus on to sustain us through the week. Then we come home, shut the doors and do our other work. What could be better than that? Or at least, it is for me. For Emily. We sit down and break bread as a family, sharing with one another anything that has happened. We don't get to eat together every day. Our work schedules are way too different.

So what's your best kind of day? Why is it your best day? What makes it so special for you? Do you even have one? Make time for your best kind of day.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...