Friday, October 7, 2016

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs




                                                                  Everyday is a brand
                                                                  new day, everyday is
                                                                  a journey.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
By: Five Man Electrical Band

Do you remember that song "Signs"? There are signs everywhere and we look to them to show us what to do or where to go. Some of us can't make a move without a sign in our lives. When I was in high school, I would look for signs from boys, mood rings, astrology and even the body language of others.

I'm so glad I grew away from all of that and really leaned  toward following Christ. He's all the "signs" I need. I find that a lot of people seek signs for guidance and the excuse they provide. For instance, we stop because the sign tells us to. We make a left turn when the arrow turns green. This road is only a one way. If anything happens , well, I only did what the sign said to do. 

Some of us even take it a step further. We never move forward, because the sign is very comfortable and safe. Take a parking sign, we all want that perfect parking spot. Who would want to give it up? And according to Joyce Meyer's, some of us are parked at the point of our pain. 

I think we all have done that at one point or another. We become so fixated by what we are going through we cannot move forward. I know many people who are stuck in the same pain for years. They cannot say anything without making a reference to what happened to them. What they don't realize is that they're only hurting themselves. The other person could care less or has moved on a century ago. 

I did the same a few years back in regards to my old Church. I held on to the hurt to the point it became my best buddy. The problem was that I was the only one remembering anything. All those people moved on with their lives and soon forgot I ever even worshiped there. Having let go of it, I certainly feel better. Now, I can run into them and not feel any kind of pain.

There is another sign I would love to bring to your attention. 


Having a Crocheting Ministry has been a real blessing to me and to my ladies. In a three year period, we have donated our "goods" to over 72 charities, many of them having become our regulars. All that occurs on the generosity of our faithful contributors by donating yarn, material and even plastic grocery bags.  Without these donations, we could not go on as a Ministry. If anyone is interested in making a donation, you can send it to the following address: 2646 N. 75th Ave Unit 1E
              Elmwood Park, Il. 60707

Thank you and have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...