Monday, October 10, 2016

A Poem

                                  Everyday is a brand new day, 
                                                   everyday is a journey.
Today I took a mental walk 
along the dusty cobwebs of
things long ago.
I did not cry, vent or rejoice
as I watched from above 
flashes of events that tugged
at my heart so.
I stood at all the crossroads
some I deliberated long
 and some not at all.
Each turn and bend a new 
memory etched forever on
my soul.
Did I do wrong? 
Should I have said no?
Why did I do that?
I could have done so much
more!
The easy and painless memories 
so quickly erased,
 their existence gone.
The dark and brooding, 
the unforgiving ones locked
away in a vault to be opened
frequently on dark foreboding
nights where pity reigns.
Why do we go there?
Why visit at all?
Only painful and sorrowful 
memories live there
all alone.
I walk among these shadows
one last time,
 saying my farewells
to be locked away 
where no one dwells!

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...