Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Life Happens

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

Life has a way of repeating itself from generation to generation. I often think about the similarities from my grandmother's time to the present. Were her struggles the same as mine? We carry so much baggage around. Does that baggage continue it's journey through the ancestry pool? Were their lives any different from ours? Can we honestly say our lives are much better now?

Life happens so quickly. We grow up, get a job, get married, have children. Some of us end up divorced or widowed or in a broken relationship. The children are grown and we find ourselves alone. Life happens quickly.

What do we do then? If you are anything like me, you're always looking for that something else, for that next thing in my life. I mean, we have lived and done all the important things on our list, but what comes next?

My mind has been so full of memories, ideas, and the future. My grandma Bernice, back in Poland, will turn 97 this month. One would imagine it was a month of celebrations, but instead, she has been feeling very poorly. I haven't been able to get her out of my mind. How much life has she gone through? Endured? Survived? The people she has loved and the mistakes she wishes she could change. 

Life happens so quickly. I wonder how we feel at the end of our lives. Do we feel fulfilled, a life lived or a life full of regrets? I believe it depends on whether we have Christ in our lives or not. Have we lived according to His commands? Just like the Apostle Paul said, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. That's what I want to be able to say when I'm at the end of my life. Life happens so quickly, don't waste it.

have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...