Sunday, October 16, 2016

All Wrapped Up

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

I've been so wrapped up in my next bold step that I've allowed it to consume me completely. I've lived and breathed that project to the point where it became my idol. Everything else piled high in a dark corner somewhere as if not important. 

Every project we begin, starts with a fire within us. That same fire burns deeply and brightly infusing our souls with a fervor to get moving. We dare not miss a single Sunday of Church. We make sure we tithe exactly 10 percent of our income. We make a prayer list of how we want the project to turn out. Heck, we even do an altar call the very next Sunday for discernment with our eyes and ears. We do all that, because we expect it all to happen now.

It is very unrealistic to think it will be an overnight sensation. The minute things begin to stretch, we begin to doubt ourselves, our actions and even our calling. We tell ourselves that perhaps we have read the message wrong from God. I mean, otherwise, it would have happened already. All our Christian friends tell us that all we have to do is leave it with God. Well, we did that. Obviously, there must be something wrong with me.

That's where I'm at now. For the last two weeks I barely slept, tossing and turning, wondering why it hasn't happened yet. I have stressed myself out with worry and frustration. When the weekend finally rolled around, I slumped in defeat. 

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

I just love, love this Bible verse. That's how I felt walking into Church this morning. I felt weary, not tired. There is a difference. Of course, God always provides exactly what we need. We just need to listen. 

 "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"
Mark 9:24

That was today's message. I need to take a step back from this obsession of mine. I need to refocus my mind and look at this from a completely different angle. Maybe even lay it aside for now. 

 "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...