Friday, October 21, 2016

October Q & A

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday
                                                 is a journey.

One would think that with all the sharing I do on this blog about my life, people would have nothing to ask me in person. On the contrary, people want updates. So here we go!

1. What is going on with your Tiny House?
My tiny house situation has been put on hold for now. There is nothing more that I would love than to buy a THOW (tiny house on wheels), move to Decatur by my son, and live out the remainder of my days doing ministry work. This is how I see my retirement. I don't plan on stopping to smell the roses, but plan on being active for as long as possible. I am so close to being able to retire from my company with full benefits that it would be silly of me to throw all that away. 

From time to time, you will see me posting a picture of a Tiny house, especially one with a layout I love. Recently, a friend found a THOW company located not too far from us. You can bet your boots I plan on visiting! You see, even though I may want one, I also want to see one first in person. What if they're too small for me? Pictures can be modified, but what we see with our own eyes can't be deceived.

2. Are you okay now?
I love this question and get it quite often. People have a misconception to cancer treatment. They think that one goes through treatment and when it's over, the cancer is gone forever. So I get this one a lot. Their you are good now usually means I'm healed and I beat cancer. When it comes back, whether it is a few months later or years, they're shocked. Their expressions are usually followed by but I thought they took it all out or didn't it work last time?

Cancer is so complex and extremely smart. I would highly recommend for everyone to watch a few documentaries on it, especially if you have someone close to you diagnosed with it. One thing I have learned over the years is that cancer is definitely a lifestyle and not a one time thing. It is a decision to live life to the fullest. 

3. Have you ever seen a therapist for your cancer?
When I first was diagnosed back in 2007, I went through a very long, difficult and painful recovery. I endured many health setbacks which were hard for me to handle. During that time, the hospital had a cancer counselor that came around to chat with us. She helped me channel some of the pain by listening to soothing music, meditation and by talking about my fears. 

Since that time, I have begun this blog for my children as a memoir for them when I'm gone. I never expected it to turn into what it is now. It became a sort of therapy for me as I shared my experiences. For the majority of time, I forget there is an audience and look completely surprised when I run into a reader. So I'm not against seeing a therapist, but this works for me much better. I think we should do what works best. If that means a group session or a private one or keeping a journal, as long as we are working things out within us that's all that matters. Do what works for you.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...