Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tilling The Garden

Few of us would want such a garden, but how many of us have allowed a root of bitterness to spring up within us? How many have a little toxic garden in our hearts? 
David Jeremiah

Yes , how many of us have that little toxic garden in our hearts? I believe we all have experienced that little hobby some time in our life. I know I have. I'm experiencing it now.

I've spent this past year watering and fertilizing a garden such as this one , but no longer. I'm done with it. I'm digging it up completely and throwing it away like the trash it really has become.

These feelings that have taken root have really surprised me. I thought I was above all that. It just proves how imperfect we really are as individuals and how far from Christ-like.

Even though I have fought all the changes in my life this   year , I can understand why it needed to happen. It doesn't make it any easier to accept nor go through , but a necessity.

Letting go is not easy to do especially when one has no idea why it happened in the first place. I must be getting soft in my old age , because I have never been a clingy type. Usually when it's over , I'm the first one to open the door to toss it out. 

Every year at this time , Emily and I have a tradition where we indulge ourselves during the last few days. It can be  with junk food or pampering ourselves , but once the New Year begins , we go on a month long fast. 

We always like to start the New Year fresh with certain goals in mind. We also open it up to our friends and family who would like us to pray for them during this time. If you have a prayer request , please contact via e-mail at lottiekrol@yahoo.com.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...