Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's All In The Attitude

What random act of kindness can you do today that will demonstrate that your faith is real?

Enjoying my morning coffee this morning, my mind kept wandering to Sunday's sermon. The sermon was in the Book of Ephesians, living your life righteously at home, at work, in the waiting line, at the gas station etc. Living righteously involves every area of my life no matter where I am at. Is that what I have been doing?

Honestly, no. Not when it comes to work. Living righteously in a secular world is difficult enough, but living righteously in a secular work force is even worse. I've struggled for years with my work, because work is a place where politically correct people gather. Christians are not politically correct type. At least not me.

I really want my work life to succeed. The last thing I am looking for is failure. If I decide to make a change in careers, I definitely want that to be my choice, not the only way out. As a problem solver this situation has become a personal challenge. I'm determined to make  it work.

So as I'm sitting here with my coffee, reflecting on that sermon, I'm wondering how can I accomplish that feat? Obviously, what worked in the past , doesn't any longer. It's been almost a year now since the shift change. I cannot spend another year whining and complaining about this mess. Maybe, it's my attitude that needs to change.

I think I need to be more relaxed in my attitude. I am no longer a boss of any kind, only a backup, so I need to stop acting like a boss.
So how do I go about being more friendly, appreciative and fun? This will definitely be harder than I thought.

Positive thinking, praying and conditioning myself on a daily basis to like work again will become a routine. It has to, because I don't know how else to go about it.

Another roadblock, another struggle. I feel it might be bigger than just not being happy at work. I am approaching fifty in a couple of weeks. I have been working for the same company for almost twenty years. Maybe I'm really needing a change,  experiencing a midlife crisis. Who knows right now, but I do know I need to work on it.

A new year, a new beginning. Just the right time for some change. Have a Blessed day everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...