Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Still Day

I've been up very early , way before dawn decided to come out and open up this Saturday . I had an appointment for my mammogram at U.I.C. at 8:40 a.m. and I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible .

I wanted to get home .

Home has always been my sanctuary from the outside world . No one can hurt me there unless I allow them entrance . It is a place where love exists and the comforting arms of the people that share in that love . 

I couldn't wait to get there . 

If only I could reside within these walls forever , I would no longer know hurt or pain . No tear would fall , nor a heart would break . No slanderous word would escape any lips that were aimed at me . 

I have dreamed of such a place . 

There is a place such as my heart longs for , a place that my Father has in readiness for my arrival . He is waiting there , His arms wide open to receive my aching soul . A place where I can bask in His love , not pain . 

Take me there . 

I have spent the remainder of the day in my sanctuary . My heart is still as well as my body . I am humbled by the peace and not the grief and hurt waiting outside . Here I am safe  and protected by His everlasting promise to me . Every time I close my eyes , I can revisit that peaceful promise to rejuvenate when all my defenses are depleted  . 

Be still . Be still . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...