Friday, June 20, 2014

A Heart Desire

Delight yourself in the Lord and  He will give you the desires of your heart .
Psalm 37:4

We all have a secret desire , something we are dreaming and striving for within our hearts . For some of us it may be a yearning to live on a tropical island or to live in a luxurious home . For others , it can be more meaningful like finding that perfect mate or a long awaited child .

We all have that wishlist that we hold dear and close to our hearts . For me , it has always been a comfy apartment in a small town near both my children . A  car that would be a reliable one that didn't break down all the time . A place where I can spend more time running my crocheting club and writing .

We dream and we dream big , but what happens when that dream is nearing a reality ?

We become frightened by what the reality really might hold . What if it isn't what we had imagined ? What if it turns sour and all our hopes and dreams go down the tube ? 

Anything new is scary . Are we brave enough to step onto new terrain ? Some of us are and some are not . 

I often wondered how I would react when that time becomes a reality for me  . I think I would probably be petrified , being a person who likes her feet firmly planted on the ground  . On the other hand , isn't that what trusting God is all about ?

My parents came to America with three small children , not knowing the language . That's bravery ! For some of us , moving a mere three or four hours is huge .

Oh , but that dream ! It's calling out my name ! Luring me with all of its charm and capabilities . Come , come and everything will be fine .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...