Saturday, September 7, 2013

Single With Cancer

Driving home after work in the early morning hours , I decided to make a short stop for an errand . It was short and sweet , the way I like it since I felt anxious to get to bed after a tiring night . I hopped back into my vehicle  . . . . turned the key . . . . . and nothing happened  .

That incident paved the way for the rest of my day and it got worse with each passing hour  . One thing after another fell apart like a set of dominoes tipping over , my heart sinking with each event . As my stress levels rose , so did my blood pressure . It's times like these that I wish I was married or in a committed relationship .

It's so much easier to carry the load when there are two people lifting . When one is down , the other takes over  . I have watched my married friends leave all the stressful things up to their husbands and never worry about their cars breaking down or washing them . Their computers are working perfectly and all assembly of shelves / coffee tables are finished without any mishap . When that wayward child doesn't want to listen , you can yell out , " Go see your

father ".
Being single with cancer is no different . Many a times , I wish there was someone to rub my back or my feet when I'm feeling down or to take me to the hospital .  I wouldn't have  to worry about the financial aspect of it since there would be another paycheck coming in .  I certainly never imagined I would be going through cancer , let alone .

When things are going great and there aren't any worries , I never even give marriage a thought . The minute things start going downhill , I regret not having a hubby .

It seems as I age , I don't tolerate things as much . Don't want any hassles , I just want to live in peace .

So here I am , stressing out with my latest predicament . I retreat into my quiet zone until the storm passes , hoping it won't turn into a tornado . :)

Have a Blessed day everyone .

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! I don't have cancer but I have a few other things to deal with and I too am single, something I didn't plan on either. God has His reasons. Can't wait to hear what they are some day! I find it hard, almost always, to be single. I complain about it endlessly to no one in particular, just myself! Only I understand what I'm talking about anyway! Praying for you, Lottie. It isn't easy "being green!" <3

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...