Friday, September 13, 2013

I Hate Fridays

No matter , whether your week was spectacular or just the opposite , there's that one day a week I don't look forward to . . . . . Friday . While other people are jumping up and down screaming . .

T.G.I.F. !   T.G.I.F. !    T.G.I.F. !   T.G.I.F. !     T.G.I.F. !

I just moan in complete despair . Don't get me wrong , I'm truly grateful the weekend is upon us , but first I have to get through Friday .

As far back as I can remember , things have always happened to me on a Friday . Come to think of it ,  I found out I had cancer on a Friday . Last week , my car battery died on that day , too .

The roads are crowded with everyone leaving early from work . People stopping at stores , beeping their horns , at a rush to get their weekend started . Chemo is always on a Friday .

It's the same at work . Everyone comes in , not really having any desire or energy to work , just trying to get through as quickly as possible . Which is a real problem for me .

My job consists of executing the schedule for the week  and by Friday , I need to make sure everything is done . Unfortunately , that usually isn't the case when I walk into work and see tons of work and not enough time to do it .

The people are already celebrating mentally and I have to push and push and somehow make things happen . It's not always their fault , sometimes  it's the machinery , the lab , the water etc . The list could go on and on .

Once , the power went out  and even though we were able to get it back in a few hours , all the computer systems had to be reset taking all night . Sometimes , we joke what did we ever do before computers ? The world revolves around them  .

You can just imagine the stress level on a Friday . By the time Saturday morning comes along , I limp out the door and drive home with no shoes on , vowing to drink a whole bottle of wine . That never happens . After one glass , I'm ready for bed . 

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...