Thursday, October 4, 2018

The Clodhopper



Every morning, I awaken to the sounds of my building. I can tell what time it is just by the departure of my fellow neighbors to their workplace. My bedroom is at the end of the apartment and everyone uses the back doors to come and go. Allison leaves first around 7:20 a.m. followed by Lori at 7:40 a.m. The last to leave is Nancy, the clodhopper. She is always wearing heels and makes a very loud announcement every time she makes an entrance or exit. When Nancy leaves, I know I have been in bed way too long, it's 8:15 a.m. 
It's time to start my day.

I find it amusing how people in general, are controlled by their daily routines and schedules. None of us want to admit just how predictable we truly have become. We all want to claim we are unpredictable and spontaneous. What a joke! We all have a routine.

Unfortunately, my clodhopper neighbor (Nancy) has moved away and new neighbors have moved in this weekend. Heaven help me, I shall miss my clodhopper! These new people are loud! They have only been here two days and already each day they partied. I mean really partied! They whooped, hollered, sang, yelled and cheered all night long! 

I don't understand people at all. Here they are brand new to a building and can be so darn inconsiderate of everyone else here. Do they really think that no one here can hear them whooping, hollering, cheering and singing at the top of their lungs as if they were in a stadium? Or do they not care?

An old neighbor of mine used to be in a panic whenever we had new people move in. Now I know why. One can never tell who will be living beside us. Good neighbors are truly very rare indeed. I miss my clodhopper very much. I'm beginning to think it's best to live on the very top where the only neighbor one has is the one next door to you. On the other hand, that could be the worst neighbor ever.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...