Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Lost Joy

                                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Wherever He may guide me,
    No want shall turn me back;
  My Shepherd is beside me,
    And nothing can I lack.
  His wisdom ever waketh,
    His sight is never dim,--
  He knows the way He taketh,
    And I will walk with Him.
A. L. WARING.


Sometimes, we just lose our JOY! We're not even sure when or how it happened, we just know it's gone. We get up every morning and go about our day mechanically, doing the same thing over and over again. We are stuck in not knowing what to do next. Do we turn here or over there? Do we stay or do we go? We cannot make any decision, instead it feels as if the world was closing in on us. We feel overwhelmed and despondent. 

I have really never experienced depression, but I have many friends who dealt with quite regularly. It is not something that I understand. Yet, I do understand feeling blue or melancholy at times. I have had many moments (and days) that have left me feeling very emotional and unsatisfied with my life. It is very normal to have these feelings as long as they don't overtake your life. 

With Winter fast approaching, I'm sad to see the Sunshine go. I realize just how important the Sun is to our psyche. It provides us with more than just energy. I love all the Seasons, but Winter can be quite gloomy. It is also in us to want to burrow away the cold months just like all the other animals. It is natural. It is life.

I feel as if my Joy has been slowly disappearing. I have been dreaming and planning away my future for the last two years. When I close my eyes, I could almost see it clearly. As ridiculous as it may seem to everyone else, it helped keep me going. It makes no difference if it made sense to you or not, it did to me. I'm going through some things here, but it is not a depression or anything similar to it. I prefer to call it a mourning the loss of something very dear to me. 

The future may not seem the way I envisioned it, but one needs to keep moving and adapting. I know I will, too. I just need some time to let go and begin anew. The dream will not disappear, it will emerge in a different form, that's all. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...