Tuesday, October 9, 2018

That Missing Link



So I'm going to be honest here. I'm really missing my old Church. Being in a mega Church is only good for getting lost in. I miss that community feeling of everyone knowing each other that only a small Church brings. I feel as if I've become a Church hopper without even meaning to. I long for my place where I can live in for good until my death. The same goes for my Church. 

For quite awhile, I have been in turmoil over this mega Church. Do I stay or do I go? I've continually prayed over this dilemma. So for now, I intend on staying where I am at until that final place appears in my life. I have joined a Bible study, gone to the monthly Women's Breakfast and any other event that fits in with my schedule, but that connection hasn't really happened. We hug when we see one another, but no one invites you over or wants to take it further. It's more like hi and bye. 

To make things worse, this mega Church has been engulfed in a huge scandal with the founder and main Senior Pastor. I'm sure you have read the papers and seen the news reports on that matter. I struggled even further as more and more events came to light. How do I stay in a Church with such a need for forgiveness and chaos? 

After much prayer and soul searching, I decided to stay. I cannot leave a Church for the wrong reason. If I do leave, it should be because of a lack of doctrine or biblical foundation, not because the Pastor lost his way. The Church still needs a bit of work, but I have to give it a chance, I can't be hopping around all the time. Sometimes, God has to shake things up so the Church will become what He meant it to be.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...