Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.




'Mid pleasures and palaces 
though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, 
there's no place like home!
A charm from the skies seems
 to hallow us there,
Which, sought through the world, 
is ne'er met with elsewhere.
Home! home! sweet, sweet home!
There's no place like home!

I've had oatmeal cookies on my mind for days now. I like them with either cranberries or raisins. Either is fine with me, especially since we just bought freshly ground whole wheat flour. 

So I said to Emily that maybe we should make some cookies. The next thing I know, she whips up a batch in a mere ten minutes. That is why she is the cook around here. I certainly am no match for her abilities. I never cease to be amazed by what she can do in the kitchen.

The cookies are made and I make a post on Facebook about these cookies. I received in my inbox a hilarious message from a co-worker that I call my little brother. He writes to me, what's this "we should make oatmeal cookies, Emily" business? Everyone knows that Emily does the majority of the cooking.

Those cookies tasted delicious, especially straight from the oven. I always tell Emily that one's home should be a sanctuary away from the world outside. Your home should be peaceful and drama free, a place that reflects the love resided inside our hearts. 

The weather is definitely getting colder with some states reporting snow already. Brrr! This is the time where we bake quite a lot and make hearty soups/stews. A batch of cookies straight from the oven sure helps, too. Stay warm and eat some cookies!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...