Saturday, October 20, 2018

Old Battle Wounds


                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                           everyday is a journey.



I heard a voice in the darkness singing
(That was a valiant soul I knew),
And the joy of his song was a wild bird winging
Swift to his mate through a sky of blue.
And his song was of love and all its bringing
And of certain day when the night was through;
I raised my eyes where the hope was springing,
And I think in his heaven God smiled too
(That was a valiant soul I knew).

I receive multitude of e-mails daily that I have subscribed to many years ago. I don't want to miss out on anything. These subscriptions vary from all types of subjects and I like it like that! This one surprised me a bit, because in a way, I am dealing with this subject. Hmm, gets one thinking if this is something that should be taking cared of now.

I love question and answer time! Whenever we get together as a family with Joe and Aubs., we have a family time activity. If they kids were older, we would definitely do one of these together as a family.

1. Do you happen to have any unfinished business in your life?
I would like to know who doesn't? I think everyone has some unfinished business, good or bad. We live in a very broken world full of broken people having broken relationships. I do have unfinished business, a couple actually and I hope to take care of one very soon. More on that later. 

2. Do you have any old scores that need to be settled Christ's way?
I feel this is a little different than number one, because it sounds a wee bit revengeful. Do we have any issues that we could solve in a more Christian way than the way we have already? There are people who become angry and bitter with an outcome and want to resort to the same tactics that were served on them. It never brings any satisfaction, only misery. Revenge only separates us. 

3. Any chapters that need to be completed?
Some of us are on a journey that should have ended a while ago. We can't seem to let go of what once was and will never be again. Maybe it's time to finally close that chapter, a painful chapter, in our life. 

4. Any ends that need to be rewritten?
I think we all have some regrets in life that we wish we could change. If it is possible for us to right the wrongs, would you? Or would you just shake your head and berate yourself? Sometimes, we are too embarrassed or angry to go back and make amends. We find many excuses on why it wouldn't work anyway. We tell ourselves that the person doesn't even like us or cares or surely they would make the first move? 

5. Anybody need your forgiveness? Your acceptance? Your release?
I think just about everyone raised their hand here. I remember once when Emily had this issue with someone. She actually sat down and wrote a letter to this person, all seven pages! This person was nowhere in her life and could not receive the letter, so she buried it in a place where they would visit together. That was her way of letting go, forgiving this person and living her life.

It's time to close some of these old battle wounds. It's time to rest in peace. It is time to finally forgive ourselves for our past, for anything done to us and for our old bodies before Christ. It is time. My family happens to be a pro when it comes to harboring old battle wounds. It's time to change the way we think and act as people, as friends and definitely as a family. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...