Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Low Maintenance Life.

                                                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                   everyday is a journey.

Blest are the humble souls that wait
With sweet submission to His will;
Harmonious all their passions move,
And in the midst of storms are still.
P. DODDRIDGE.














One morning last week, I was going through my daily devotions and came across this lovely title: Living The Low-Maintenance Life. What does that look like, I wondered to myself. I have been searching for that low maintenance lifestyle these past few years. I want to live like that. I want to be that.

I think we all become a certain age where simplicity rears it's deep desire inside of us. We begin to wonder what it's all about. It's not the money. It's not the prestige. It's not the title or career. 

It's more about going to Church, paying our taxes, working and living clean lives. We no longer seek the city life of busyness, but seek the solitude and beauty of God's country. Serenity and all that goes with it. 

I don't want to live the life of stress, politics and strife within a work place or community. Who cares about the gossips and the scandals. I've fought my battles, I've stood my grounds and now I want to live for the Lord in peace. 

Yet, people are constantly trying to bring out a stand out of us for every little thing, except all the right things. The world has become upset over everything. I'm not saying these things aren't also important, but it has gotten out of hand. I don't want to be part of the #metoo, or the #Memyselfandi, or #dropthemic movement. I'm 53 years old and the only movement I want to belong to is the #jesusmovement. 

Life is so short and when we are young, we feel we are doing all the right things. Let me tell you, I look back on my younger years and regret a lot of it. I wish I lived a certain way back then, but we cannot go back. We can only move forward and hope to educate a young person on what we have learned. 

So right now, I'm looking toward retirement with happiness, because I may have gotten here a little late, but I've finally learned something important. I've learned the simple life is for me. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...