Monday, April 23, 2018

A Sick Kind Of Day

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day.
                                                                        everyday is a journey.





And if some things I do not ask,
In my cup of blessing be,
I would have my spirit filled the more
With grateful love to Thee,--
More careful,--not to serve Thee much,
But to please Thee perfectly.
A. L. WARING.

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and by the afternoon, I was sneezing and coughing, my nose totally stuffed up. It's been like 2007 since I had a cold. I just don't get sick. The minute I get any kind of symptoms, I nip it in the bud. So what happened here?

I have no idea. I take real, real good care of myself. I take my vitamins daily, every year I get a flu shot and I keep regular doctor appointments for preventive care. I also eat pretty healthy and get plenty of fruits and vegetables. At work, I wipe down all my equipment with wipes and I wash my hands before eating. I even keep an extra toothbrush and toothpaste in my drawer if I need it. 

The only thing I can think of is the hugging, touching and even a kiss on the cheek that I receive from people. It all depends how well I know them. Some people are friendlier than others. I notice that in Church, people are more of hugging type and very expressive with their emotions. It's the same at work. 

I could see if we were super close with one another, but people really need to stop touching others, especially if they don't feel well. I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but I believe it's just plain rude and disrespectful. 

So if you are not feeling well, take a day off to rest and pamper yourself. I understand about not being able to take off work. I get that, because I cannot afford to take off work whenever I feel like it, either. Yet, I know when to stop, lay down and everything else can wait. So if you're sick, rest!

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...