Thursday, April 5, 2018

Stresses Of Life: Decision Making




                                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                          everyday is a journey.


He prayeth best who loveth best
All things both great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us,
He made and loveth all.
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

I've never been a risk taker, always opting for the safest way possible. Over the years, I've realized how that has affected my decision making. Fear played a huge role and has prevented me from stepping forth in bold moves. I decided to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground where I couldn't possibly fall over.

Decision making stresses many people and even breaks up several relationships. When the decision turns out to be a good one, we praise each other's intelligence. When it is the opposite, we look for a scapegoat. It couldn't possibly be of our own doing, could it? We end up making excuses for all the bad choices we made in our lives.

When my children were tiny toddlers, I felt that every decision I made was the absolute right one. Then these children grew and grew. Suddenly, I doubted every one of those decisions I've made and wondered if I have done the opposite, would it have been better? A little easier? Now that they are grown adults, I've finally realized that I know nothing. I'm just grateful to have made it through on the other side without too many casualties. Hopefully, I haven't made too many bad decisions regarding them and they haven't been scarred for life by them. 

When I reflect on my past decision making skills, I have to say that the worst were made regarding personal relationships, especially with men. Men were my downfall. I look at Emily, as a young woman, she is so much smarter than I. Joey also made smart decisions in regards to women. Look at the intelligent beauty he married, that was the best decision he ever made! I think it all had to do with the fact that they have a relationship with Jesus. They looked to the Bible for what their ideal should resemble. I looked to romance novels. Huge difference.

As I've become older, I think I've finally gained some sort of wisdom. Or perhaps, there isn't much stress in my life any longer. The children are grown. Finances are much better. Relationships are more seasoned. Decision making has definitely shifted toward one goal . . . . retirement. A more relaxed and whatever attitude has replaced the nail biting worry of yesterday. Sleepless nights are more of a product from achy knees and joints rather than the agony of decision making. What will be, will be. Why should I worry about it?

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...