Friday, April 13, 2018

Stresses Of Life: Children

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                             everyday is a journey.






Come, in this accepted hour;
Bring Thy heavenly kingdom in;
Fill us with Thy glorious power,
Rooting out the seeds of sin.
C. WESLEY.



When I was a young mom, I was told by other more experienced mothers that one of my children will give me the most headaches than the other. Every mother has a child who loves school and one who does summer school every year. One who behaves and one who doesn't. One who is quiet and one who isn't. God is very fair. He makes sure that every single parent out there experiences every aspect of parenthood. No one is exempt. No one. Well, maybe the smart parent who has only one child.

When we first become parents, these little darlings are wonderful, aren't they? They're cute and cuddly, constantly looking for kisses and hugs. When they get a boo-boo, usually a cookie does the trick or a kiss on the wounded part. 

All that changes as they approach tween and teenage years. Suddenly, they realize the parents they have adored for years are actually flawed. We make mistakes, we are caught in white lies and not very perfect at all. They fight us. They argue with us. They try to find out who they are and who they want to be. Not exactly an easy time, but remember, it is fleeting. 

Yet, there are exceptions to the rule. There are parents out there who are in constant struggle with their child. It's horrible. Believe me, I am very, very grateful that these years are behind me and now they are adults. When I see parents who are still struggling with adult children, my heart goes out to them. This is a terrible world we are living in and our children can get caught up in all the wrong things ending in a dark lifestyle. We need to continue praying for our children and grandchildren, because they may have begun sweet and innocent, unfortunately, many end up losing that trait as they grow older. 

Being a parent is a difficult and demanding job that somehow we all loved and would do again. Yet, I can remember many times where I fretted and fretted over one or both of them. What would become of these two? How in the world will they manage? Where did I go wrong? I could make a list that never ends. I worried so much about them and their lives. I don't know how they managed to finally grow up into the adults they did. I take absolutely no credit for it. It was all God. I was a mess and even now, I can honestly say, I know nothing about how to be the perfect parent. 

Young parents are always looking for advice from us seasoned parents. Advice? I'm still looking for some, myself. These little buggers are born little sinners. Or at least, that's how Dr. Vernon J. McGee always said of them. It's true. Yet, I would do it again. Wouldn't you?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...