Friday, April 27, 2018

A Self Reliance

                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and "beautiful" for Thee.
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shall choose.
F. R. HAVERGAL.



As we age, coming closer to retirement and becoming seniors, being self reliant takes on a different meaning. We wonder if we will be able to take care of ourselves financially, physically and mentally for as long as we can. That's a worry since I'm sitting here soaking my aching feet!

I often wonder how long I can work until my body gives out? That has become a constant worry for me. Sometimes our idea of what our future will look like is nothing like God's for us. My self reliance is very important to me.

In fact, when I inquired of my Chronic Illness Group what their main concern was with their illness, self reliance was number one. All of them were worried about the future in that regards, but it's only normal. No one wants to be a burden to someone else. We all want to be independent, living in our perspective homes.

We could make all sorts of plans in preparation for our retiring years and suddenly find ourselves in a position we never expected to be in. Illness could definitely change these types of plans and so can death of our mate. Finances are another course that we may not have considered. It's not always as dim as I've mentioned above. There are happy unexpected changes that can occur as an opportunity opens up we never even thought of like an inheritance or a new home elsewhere. Preferably in a sunny place.

Life can throw us a curve whenever it may like, but we cannot allow that to become our story, our future. We have to embrace these curves, even though they may be struggles, as something that will make good in our life. There have been many times, especially recently, where things didn't go occurring to my plan. I do realize that all the planning I am making towards my future may be totally worthless. In a way, I am keeping my options open to several choices, because of that fact.

I'm not sure where I will end up, but I do know and hope that it will be in a place where I can be self reliant. That is all any of us can do. There is a Season and a purpose to everything in life, even when self reliance doesn't happen. All I can pray for is that I can be used for His purpose no matter what condition I end up in. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...