Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Stresses Of Life: Time

                                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



I fear
Life's many changes, not Death's changelessness.
So perfect is this moment's passing cheer,
I needs must tremble lest it pass to less.
Thus in fickle love of life I live,
Lest fickle life me of my love deprive.
--Owen Meredith.

Who doesn't need more time, please raise your hand. I bet no one did. I'm always short of time, running late all the time. No matter how much time we would be offered, it would never be enough. We would use up every little bit of it. 

There seems to be such busyness in the world nowadays and I'm not even sure when it became popular. It's the newest fad to be flittering around from one place to the next. Everything is done in fast mode. We sign up our children for every extracurricular activity out there. We even eat plenty of fast food, instead of cooking a meal at home. 


Every few months, I walk into my Bank for rolls of quarters to do my laundry. I've never seen such service! There is no waiting! Two people in line, okay. Three people in line, they open up another Teller station. Four people in line, the manager comes out onto the floor assisting the people in line. Amazing! 

It's no wonder that whenever I go into the Post Office and the same happens, people become very vocal and not in a good way. We have no idea how to wait. Time has become such a hot commodity that we are chasing it every single minute of the day. If you don't believe me, go out into the world during the morning rush on the roads. You'll see what time means to people nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to belittle anyone. I'm just as guilty of this as the next guy. I can't even count how many times I've tried to reorganize my life to fit in more time. Just read some of my older blog posts. Instead, of trying to reduce the amount of activities in my life, I keep thinking it's a just an organization problem. All lies! It's an influx of too much activity!

We don't know how to relax anymore. It's almost as if it's a sin to be doing nothing for a change. We want to achieve as much as possible at a young age. I've noticed that about our youth. They want what took us old folks years to achieve, they want right now. They don't want to wait until their old. The fast track has truly arrived!

I'm so guilty of all of the above! I keep piling on and on more things, more activities in the hopes of somehow creating more time. I tell myself that my job keeps me from having more time. If only I was able to retire. If only I organized myself better. If only I was able to delegate some duties. If only. The only "if only" I should learn is stop piling on crap!

I am slowly learning to really pick and choose what I can do or how much of it. I've never mastered the art of juggling no matter how much I tried. It has always been and will continue to be a struggle for me to manage my time. Then, on the other hand, I think the struggle is everyone's, not just mine. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...