Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Wild Geese Are Calling



                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

Last night, as I sat watching Netflix before bed, I swear I heard a flock of wild geese flying South. My first thought was disbelief in what I heard.  Already? At night? This morning, another flock flew past and I noticed some leaves were slowly turning brown. The wild geese are calling for the change in Season. Fall is fast upon us. 

I love the different Seasons. I love when one enters and another departs. I could not live in one type of weather. To me, Seasons changing offer hope. No matter what I may be going through, when a new Season comes, hope springs forth that maybe things in my life will also change. 

This morning is the "day after" in a way. Yesterday was filled with celebrations and congratulations from every angle. Today life as we know it begins anew. At least, we hope it will. It's only to be expected if changes appear. Things never truly stay the same. With each new challenge in our lives comes a maturity within us. There is something different, something new, something calm about our behavior and our appearance.

I made plans for the day as always, filling every space with a chore or errand. That was my intention, but when the alarm rang out at 5 a.m., I didn't get up. I turned over, slept in until about 8, had breakfast in bed (provided by Emily) and read the rest of my book. I basked in the idleness of doing absolutely nothing. How glorious it felt not having to rush off to the clinic and then work. How absolutely refreshing! I was done. Finished. Finito!

For the first time in several months, I at at my desk by my picturesque window watching the sway of tress. The temperature has fallen. The leaves are beginning to change color. A flock of geese pass by. Yes, Fall is here. A new Season is here.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...