Thursday, September 22, 2016

Resignation Part 5

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

RESIGNATION
The acceptance of something undesirable but inevitable.

So what does that something more that God wants me to do look like? Does He want me to start a Chronic Illness Group? It's just an idea now, nothing more. How would I go about it? Where would the people come from to join? How would I even advertise something like that? I'm not sure. Right now, it's just a thought that popped into my head. Let's pray about this.

What if I do my best work during my worst circumstance?

You know, when we are faced with serving God, we always want the easy way out, don't we? We want to serve on things that don't require too much from us or of us. Everyone signs on board to bring refreshments, but ask them to sign up for Sunday school and they'll tell you it's not their thing. I never quite understood that. I mean, they had children, didn't they? How is it not their thing?

Responsibility and leadership are not things people are looking to join. Even I, had a strong desire to run away from it, didn't I? The problem with that is that being a Christian isn't part-time work to be accomplished whenever we feel like it. There isn't a retirement party at the end of our tenure. It's a lifetime commitment. 

Yet, the faces of all the women I met at radiation will be forever etched upon my soul. I won't be able to forget them. Their pain, their stories, their struggles and their uncertainty quite evident on their faces. I can't turn my back on them. I can only stretch out my hand in hopes they will grasp it. 

People are always looking for Christ. They flock to the most obvious place every week in hopes of feeling His presence. Yes, God is in Church, but I also saw Him here at radiation among these women. He held their hands, comforted them during their treatment, but most of all, He wiped away their tears.

To be continued.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...