Saturday, September 10, 2016

I Am A Sinner

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                     everyday is a journey.


  Wherever He may guide me,
    No want shall turn me back;
  My Shepherd is beside me,
    And nothing can I lack.
  His wisdom ever waketh,
    His sight is never dim,--
  He knows the way He taketh,
    And I will walk with Him.
A. L. WARING.



Life is so interesting, isn't it? We spend so much time trying to constantly improve ourselves intellectually, spiritually and even physically. Just when we begin to feel like maybe we've learned a thing or two, we discover the opposite. 

I've learned that truth during the current bout with cancer. I've considered myself a pretty strong in the faith Christian. My Faith will not waiver! Oh no, not I! How many times have I said that? Countless!

It didn't take long for me to be humbled. If I have learned anything from this experience is that I'm a sinner. No matter how strong I may be on any given day, there is still potential in me to waiver. To fall.  And I have. Believe me, it's a sobering realization. A whole separate image of myself has been shown to me. One that I don't particularly like.

I am a sinner! I still cannot believe how much God must love me to put up with all my imperfections. I am so glad He has come into my life, a wretch like me, and saved me, purified my soul, wiped my slate clean so I can spend my eternity with Him. The Grace that He shows me, which I definitely don't deserve, leaves me in complete awe. 

So why can't others see and feel what I do towards Him? How can I bring others to Christ? This has never bothered me as much as it does now. I never thought of myself as an evangelist, preferring to show others Christ through my actions rather than through oral speech. Some people are so gifted in preaching the Word, but not I. I freeze up whenever confronted by nonbelievers. Oh, of course, there have been exceptions where words flowed freely from my lips, but they are rare. 

The diversity that I once loved about my friendships with others, really bothers me now. I should say, their faith or lack of. I have this deep sense of wanting to save their souls. I want them with me in Heaven. That feeling is so new, I never felt that before. I always felt people made their choices in life and we should respect them for it, even  if they were different from ours. Not anymore. I care about these people and their future. I will never stop praying for them, because I love them too much. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...