Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Tiny House


                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Yet Love will dream, and Faith will trust
    (Since He who knows our need is just),
  That somehow, somewhere, meet we must.
    Alas for him who never sees
    The stars shine through his cypress trees;
  Who hath not learned in hours of faith,
    The truth to flesh and sense unknown,
  That life is ever Lord of Death,
    And Love can never lose its own.
J. G. WHITTIER.

It's a well known fact I'm very interested in tiny living or owning a Tiny House of my own. I have subscribed to various Youtube sites featuring anything that is tiny living from a THOW (tiny house on wheels) to yurts, containers, RV's  and cottages. 

This past Summer, while recovering, I spent majority of it enclosed within my apartment. I wandered aimlessly from room to room looking for a place to rest. I soon discovered a sort of suffocation within these four walls which made me wonder if I could live in a tiny house at all. 

If a person has loved something for so long, this type of feeling is not a welcomed one. Could I have been fooling myself all this time? I would hate to purchase one of the above only to find that it's not for me. This confined feeling has been bothering me. I would love to be able to tour some of the tiny houses to get a feel for what they truly are like in person. 

There is a yearly Jamboree (already passed) where everyone gathers, builders and speakers alike. The crowds are amazing, but as I said, it has already passed. Besides, the lines are incredibly long and I wonder if I could tour each tiny house without feeling rushed. One would need the entire three day weekend to do just that. 

There are also workshops, but there is a hefty price of 300.00. Besides, these workshops teach you how to build a tiny house of your own. Not quite what I'm looking for. We can also rent one for the night, not exactly interested in that as well. 

I know, I know. I sound so picky, but I do believe there is that something that I'm looking for out there. I just need to find it. After all, it is the rest of my life we are talking about. I need to make the right choice, especially when it comes to my life's savings.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...