Saturday, September 3, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #23

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Through wisdom a house is built
And by understanding it is established
By knowledge the rooms are filled
With a precious pleasant riches
Proverbs 24:3-4

I've been busy, keeping my mind as occupied as I possibly could. This has been my very first week back at work. It's a good thing it's only been a four day work week with a four day weekend. 

When Monday came around around, I was ready. I got up on time and even left a little earlier for my radiation in the hopes of getting out earlier. Did not happen. In fact, the opposite occurred. My regular technicians didn't show up at work. The ones replacing them didn't even know I was there. My appointment came and went and no one came for me.  I had to go to the receptionist and complain. 

I'm parked at a metered parking lot and the clock is ticking away not leaving me much time to have my radiation, get dressed and walk over to that parking lot. I don't care much that they have so little respect for my time. I'm already going there kicking and screaming as it is, when that meter is done ticking, I'm walking out radiation or no radiation. I have appointments, I have work , I have a life. My quality of life is more important to me than being alive. Can you see how I'm just looking for an excuse in never showing up again?

That's how I began my week. I started with an attitude. All the way to work, my mind was scrambling to remember all my passwords and logins. You would think it was my official start date like I never worked there for over twenty years. Oh well, it should be interesting. I did receive a very heartwarming display of welcome hugs from my co-workers. They really seemed pleased to see me. 

By the end of the week, my feet ached and I was extremely tired. I couldn't wait for my weekend to begin. I was glad to have come back since my symptoms have worsened and I had something else to focus my attention on. According to my doctor, these symptoms will only get worse. He has placed me on a daily intake of anti diarrhea pills and on the "brat" diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Since May 4, I have gone from weighing 211 lbs. to 201.3 lbs. all because I have to eat smaller meals now instead of 3 larger ones. 

Right now, I'm at the halfway point of my radiation, just finished day 12 of 25. Believe me , I struggle every single morning to go there. I cannot wait until it is finished. Jesus, please help me. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...