Thursday, September 8, 2016

It's Okay To Cry

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    everyday is a journey.

 Father, let our faithful mind
  Rest, on Thee alone inclined;
  Every anxious thought repress,
  Keep our souls in perfect peace.
C. WESLEY.

It seems, I keep running into ladies in the locker room. There was another one waiting, having arrived early. I guess she comes after me. I sat down next to her and started up a conversation.

"So how long are you in for?" I asked her as if it was a prison sentence. That one question opened up a steady flow of words. I learned all about her breast cancer, her surgeries, her treatment. I listened. I'm a very good listener and people tell me all sorts of personal things. 

"I feel so guilty for feeling so tired of everything. I've been through so much and I've made it. I should be happy and instead I want to cry." She told me, tears welling up. 

"It's okay to cry," I said lightly touching her shoulder. "I cried all the way over here. Sometimes we need to let go of it and cry out to God. He understands and wants us to come to Him. He wants to wrap His arms around us and comfort our tears. It's okay to cry."

You know, I prayed over her and for her. I couldn't stop thinking about her. How many more women like her are trying to be brave in front of their loved ones? It doesn't mean we have given up if we give in and have a good cry. It doesn't mean we are depressed. No one can be positive 24/7, especially while in a crisis. 

There are so many hurting people out there. So many in pain, not knowing where to turn. We need to be more compassionate and open to hearing these people. We need to hear their pain. We need to hold their hand while they cry. It's okay to cry.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...