Monday, September 12, 2016

The Halfway Point


                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                     everyday is a journey.


When my son was in High School, he signed up to run quite a few 5K runs. He joined a track team at one of our park districts where he ran, flat feet and all. Of course, I came along to some of them, especially the ones for cancer. Who knew that one day I would be diagnosed with cancer myself?

It was during one of these runs that he signed me up for a fitness walk. I was all for it. I can walk. At that time, I was very skinny and in my late 30's so I felt no nervousness in completing it. Usually at these events there were several vendors passing out free items so we went around filling our backpacks.

That fitness walk proved to be a lot harder than I thought, especially with a full backpack on my back. We tracked on the sand, arms swinging full force and I was dying. We finally came up to a group of people cheering and clapping, holding out mini cups of water. Yes, I thought, we must be at the end. As we came up to them, I could hear them cheering: You're halfway there! Good job! Keep going! I almost died. You don't want to know what I wanted to do with that Dixie cup of water!

That's sort of how I feel right now about this radiation. I'm halfway there and everyone has been cheering me on, clapping everyday. You're halfway there! You got this! Keep going! And all I want to do is turn around and go home. I don't see that finish line. I don't want that cup of water. I want my life back.

Work has provided a great distraction. My day is over in a snap! The worst part is the morning, because I still have a hard time getting out of bed. The drive is long and tedious, stop and go all the way in traffic. The in-between the two, that's another struggle for me. I have only two hours daily to get anything done. I long for the weekends, dreaming of sleeping in until mid-morning. Somehow it never happens. There is always so much to do.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...