Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Uncomfortable Question

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

During my last week of radiation, I walked in on a very interesting conversation between two of the ladies there. One was my dear newfound friend Arletta and the other a caretaker of an elderly lady going through treatment. Arletta made a very interesting comment that has stuck with me ever since that day. She felt that there were people who were upset she had made it. 

Now as unpleasant as it may sound, I believe there may be some truth in it. I always felt that when something has stayed on mind and I'm thinking on it, it usually has a reason for it. 

When there is an illness, good friends and family do come together praying for us, taking care of us, encouraging us. We don't ever want to think about the people who never cared for us or the ones who have left us feeling uncertain whether they are our friends or not. We all have them. So let me ask all of you who have had an illness, have any of you felt like Arletta? Have you felt that there were people in your life who were upset you made it? 

It's not a question we want to think about at all, but we all have enemies or people who don't care for us. How many times have I heard someone say:
Payback is a _____________

That's what they get.

What goes around comes around.

I'm not surprised considering________

Do you suppose there are people who think that about us? People that we may have let down? Disappointed? Hurt? I, personally have never come across that feeling, which doesn't mean anyone never thought that about me. I have felt that perhaps, some people were tired of hearing about my cancer. I really would love to hear some feedback on this. For her to say that, she had to feel a person's scorn for her or maybe something they said to her. I'm very interested in hearing if anyone experienced the same thing.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...