Sunday, September 4, 2016

The Grandchildren

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


My mom loves being a grandma. The more grandchildren and great-grandchildren she has the more she feels blessed and often brags about the healthy number of them. I believe the number stands at 12 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren.  

I, on the other hand, don't care for the quantity as much as the quality. I'd be deliriously happy with just one, opting for a more deeper and closer relationship with him or her. That's why I have Tim and Hannah. They're old enough where one can have a healthy conversation leading to bonding moments. 

Children in general have never been something I've desperately wanted. As a small child, I've babysat more than an average share of them. My parents were very social and the house was constantly overfilling with people and their children. Guess who had the job of entertaining them when they came over?

While in High School, my girlfriends dreamed of getting married and having multiple children. I was quite content with being an Auntie opting for a career life. Or at least, I always wanted one. Of course, I met a man and life happened. Even after having my son, I never thought of having more. Once more, life happened and to my pleasant surprise, I enjoyed motherhood. 

Becoming a mother really gave me a purpose in life. I found a deep love inside of me for children, all children. Blood or race never entering the equation. I could take your child and raise it as my own loving that child just as my own flesh. Yes, becoming a mother really changed my path in life. 

Grandchildren are even more precious. There is also a very devious hint of pleasure on my part. I call it payback for all the difficulties of raising their parents. Whenever the grandchildren misbehave, I hide a smile, secretly hoping they have lots of fun with that situation. Hey, been there. Done that. Now it's your turn. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...