Tuesday, August 30, 2016

That Bible Study

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I've always been a person who has loved to be challenged and it's no different when it comes to a Bible study. I'm always looking for a more in depth study with many questions, activities and even homework. In the past, I have done many Beth Moore studies, because she offered that kind of challenge. Well, I can honestly say I found one more challenging than Beth's!

It's been a dream of mine to go through the Bible chapter by chapter, verse by verse. Dr. J. Vernon McGee's "Thru The Bible" on-line five year study provides just that. 

My original plan was to sit down daily and tune into his program for my study. First, I would write out the chapter we were working on. Then I would write in the explanations from Dr. McGee. A lot of work I know, but this method insures I will remember it's contents. The only problem is that I cannot do it on a regular basis. It does require a bit of time. Pretty soon, I found myself falling behind. 

Falling behind left me feeling inadequate as a Christian. If I was a good Christian I would find the time! That was my thought process. It took a lot for me to forgive myself. It wasn't about the quantity, but the quality. I'm sure God wanted all my attention and rushing through it without taking it in, would mean a lukewarm heart and lukewarm knowledge. He doesn't want a rush job, He wants me to learn!

Nowadays, I look to a day where my whole morning is free or evening and I find myself sometimes even going through two or more chapters at one time. I do more when I schedule my Bible study. Put it on the calendar and it will get down. I sincerely hope that all of you have a Bible study to engage in and learn the Word of God. If not, give this one a try!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...