Thursday, October 16, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Yes , I will always remember the year 2011 with fond memories . We had five Weddings that year ! My son , My niece , my Godson , a friend of the family's daughter and my girlfriend's son . 


That was the year that I discovered a GPS  and traveled  extensively to Wisconsin , Michigan , Indiana  and Springfield like a mad woman . It was all about Wedding Showers , Engagements and Weddings . I loved every minute of it . Out of the five , four are still married and sadly one of them divorced this past summer . 


Weddings bring out the sentimental inside of us , especially the women . Each Wedding was beautiful in their way and I wish them the very best , Blessed union . The next generation lives on and we have to hold on tight as we watch them struggle and rise on their road together . We have to continue to pray for these marriages as the road ahead will get rocky . 


Nostalgic

  Back in March , my son got married and started a chain of events that propelled our family on the road of re-discovery of each other . From that point on , the family had a full agenda of marriage proposals , wedding showers  and weddings . My time was spent traveling from Michigan to Indiana to Wisconsin and Springfield . We, as a  family ,  have never had such a whirlwind of events .
  My son started it and my niece ended it . Today is her Wedding Day . I know that it will be a while before another year like this one .
  I was up all night , tossing and turning , thinking of my life . It is always so much harder when the girl gets married . It takes a girl to understand a girl . I thought of all the couples that got married this year . The new life they have started as a couple...as a family . I thought of how my family enjoyed themselves at each Wedding . How much closer we have become . How I didn't want the closeness to end .
  I thought how happy they all looked on their Special Day  and I realized that I never looked like that . I thought of all the things that I have done wrong . All the things I wish I had done differently . I made plenty of mistakes . As the hours ticked away , my life flashed before me .One episode after another .I can't change what happened behind me , I can only change what happens in front of me .
  Who wouldn't want to start their life over again ? We all wish we could . We all have regrets . I know I do . I thought of all the things I wish I could say to these couples but somehow can't find the right words . What am I really nostalgic for ? My life ? Or her future ?
  I send her a text congratulating her on this special day. Her reply ? "Yes, God has been good to me ".

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...