Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Scales

Every Monday at work , I get on the scale to see how much I weigh . There is a certain excited expectation that maybe today will be the day I will see a significant amount of weight loss . 

Usually , it is quite the opposite with nothing more than a trickle number going downward , one pound at a time . 

It is so disappointing , especially when one feels like they have lost quite a lot . Clothes seem to be looser , our body profiles slimmer ( less bumps ) and yet the scale says otherwise . Boo-hoo . 

Even though it is Monday today , I will not be weighing in . You see , I have indulged myself with my daughter's baked goodies all weekend and I already know I will not care for the numbers I will see . 

Why should I depress myself ? Isn't this motivational Monday ? Why should I bring myself down ,  when instead I can lift myself up and try again . Wouldn't that be better motivation for others ? 

I certainly think so . In fact , the more I think about it , the more I am convinced that we weigh ourselves too doggone much . Time to put away those scales and forgive ourselves for those occasional gluttony binges . 

My attitude towards my weight has changed dramatically this past       year . Is it that important  what my outward appearance looks like ? Maybe , I don't want to be like everyone else , I want to be like me . The " me " involves bumps , curves and imperfections . I have meat , baby !

I'm sure there is someone out there among you that have also indulged a little too much this past weekend . Shake off that guilt ! Forgive yourself ! Strive to start this week off back on the wagon ! Remember , we are imperfect people trying our best .

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...