Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Starved Rock

Growing up European , we ate and lived the lifestyle of the old            country . My children grew up on stuffed cabbage and pierogi dinners on a regular basis . For us , It's nothing new , we've been doing it for years and there is nothing wrong with it .  

While people flock to see different countries outside of America , Emily and I have been more interested in exploring the U.S. There is so much to see here , where does one begin ? 

I am happy to see a lot of families with the same idea . It seems that people have taken their families on more road trips now , than in the past . Nothing appeals to me more than jumping into an RV and just driving wherever the road leads us . 

Since my truck is quite old ( a '98 ) , we don't take too many road trips outside of Illinois in fear of breaking down completely . I need to preserve what few years I have with this old baby of mine .  So when I heard of Starved Rock , I was excited with the prospect of taking Emily there  right here in our very own state . 

I wanted the trip to be a surprise , an adventure for her birthday           month . I've planned and planned for months , weighing all the pros and cons in my head on whether this could even be possible . Every time I thought that we could go , something came up preventing this long awaited trip . 

Would this trip ever happen ? 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...