Tuesday, October 14, 2014

S For Simple

Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.Luke 12:15
When I was a tween , I would pour over all types of magazines and circle everything I wanted in red . My baby brother would tease me constantly and mercilessly about it . Soon I had a huge collection that over-spilled into every available space in my room . My dad would go in and throw out the stash every so often and I would get angry at him . 
When we are young , we love to collect things , the more the better. From that point on , we spend our time  filling our homes and lives with beautiful treasures . As we age , the opposite happens and acquiring possessions  no longer hold that same appeal as they did in the past . At least not to me .
I still want to hold on to my treasures , but the space to be smaller . I don't need the big house anymore , nor do I want to spend my time cleaning  and maintaining a large abode . I'm all about comfy , cozy little niches where I can curl up and spend my days in leisure .
It seems so funny to me that now at the age of almost fifty , I want to play . The natural born hippie ( without the drugs though ) lives inside of me , demanding to get out  . I could see myself living in a communal style atmosphere where everyone does their part  by using their talents . 
None of the things that were so important to me when I was younger , matter anymore . Politics will never change , there has always been  a Sodom and Gomorrah somewhere  and the Corporate world never seems to have enough money . Sometimes , I feel like I'm living in the wrong era .
Nowadays , I find my pleasure in the beauty of a good book , a new crochet stitch , a mysterious whodunit and an occasional sunrise/sunset . These are the only things I wish to acquire a vast collection in . 
Many times I have thought about leaving everything here in the city and moving closer to my son where we can be a real family . I , no longer have a zest for the city life . Living simply is all I desire , living closer to God  and my children . 
Have a Blessed day everyone  . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...